Terms of website use (UK)
WORLD IN WORK LIMITED
Terms of website use
Information about us
http://www.worldinwork.co.uk/ is a site operated by World in Work Limited ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08153124 and have our registered office at P.O Box 70764, LONDON, SE16 9DL LONDON. Our main trading address is P.O box 70764, LONDON, SE16 9DL
We are a limited company.
Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
When using our site, you must comply with the provisions of our acceptable use policy.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our site changes regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
- This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our site
Transactions concluded through our site
Contracts for the supply of service formed through our site or as a result of visits made by you are governed by our terms and conditions of supply.
Uploading material to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have [non]-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site [although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country].
"World in Work" and "the World in Work Logo" are UK registered trademarks of World in Work Limited.
Thank you for visiting our site.
JOB Board General
This web site is owned and operated by World in Work limited and is made available to you on the following terms and conditions:
By using the site and the services available on it you are deemed to accept these terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions which expressly apply to services and information provided by third parties.
World in Work does not consent to the use of this website for advertisement purposes by recruitment or employment agencies whose sole purpose is to introduce prospective employees and candidates to hirers to be employed by the hirer directly.
Use of the site
The information and services available on the site are provided for the sole purpose of individuals looking for employment opportunities for employers seeking to search, contact, request CV’s and recruit staff. You may use information from the site for these purposes only and for no other personal or commercial purpose. Though not limited to, you may not copy, display, reproduce, transmit or distribute any material from the site other than our logo for the purposes of promotion of the World in Work brand on your website.
All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights pertaining to the World in Work website and the material available on the website belong to World in Work Limited. Use of the site does not give you any proprietary rights in such materials.
Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003
Job seekers and employers need to be aware that this job board operates as a venue only and does not introduce or supply job seekers to employers (or vice versa). This means that we do not:
• obtain sufficient information for potential employers to select a suitable job seeker for the position which the employer seeks to fill;
• obtain confirmation of the identity of a job seeker or that they have the experience, training, qualifications or authorisation to work in the position to be filled or that they wish to undertake the role to be filled;
• take any steps to ensure the job seeker and employer are each aware of any requirement imposed by law or otherwise which must be satisfied by either of them to permit the job seeker to fulfil the position to be filled;
• take any steps to ensure that it would not be detrimental to the interests of the job seeker or the employer for the job seeker to fulfil the position to be fulfilled;
• give any indication to employers whether job seekers are unsuitable (or suitable) for any position to be filled in any circumstances;
• propose job seekers to employers or provide any information about them.
• take up any references in relation to a job seeker; or
• make any arrangements for accommodation of job seekers.
Since this section of our site is only a venue that introduces job seekers to employers and vice versa, it is recommended that, if you are a job seeker you undertake to ensure your suitability for the role advertised or, if you are an employer, you ensure a job seeker's suitability for the role.
These could include, but are not limited to:
1. If you are a job seeker; checking the identity of the employer and the nature of its business, the commencement date and duration of the position, the position to be filled including type of work, location, hours and risks to health and safety, experience, training, qualifications and authorisation which the employer considers necessary or are required by law or otherwise to undertake the position, whether any expenses are payable by you as a job seeker or whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you to satisfy before taking up a position.
2. If you are an employer; checking the identity of the job seeker and that the job seeker has the experience, training, qualifications and authorisation required by law or otherwise for the position and whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you, as the employer, to meet to enable a job seeker to take up a position. In addition, where professional qualifications are required or where job seekers are to work with vulnerable persons or children, you should obtain copies of the relevant qualifications or authorisation, obtain at least two references from people who are not relatives of the job seeker and undertake any requisite checks mandated by law in lieu of the job seeker.
3. Any searching tools provided by us for use in your assessment of the suitability or otherwise of any particular candidate or advertised vacancy are to assist you in taking these steps, but are not intended as a substitute or alternative to the employers own recruitment policy.
Terms and conditions of business for recruiters
In these terms and conditions:
• 'Customer' means any person, company, organisation or firm which purchases advertising space from us;
• 'Order Form' means an order for Services on a form provided by us (in any format) and signed by a Customer;
• 'Services' means all recruitment products and services made available by us from time to time;
• 'Contract Month' means, in respect of any Order Form relating to the provision of Services for a specified period of months, the calendar month commencing on the start date specified in the Order Form and ending on the day preceding the same date in the following calendar month. For example, the calendar month commencing on 4th June and ending 3rd July. In respect of Orders placed, our operational hours are 08:00 to 17:00 on business days only.
• 'Contract Term' means the full term specified in the Order Form.
Commencement of Services
We will not commence the provision of Services pursuant to any Order Form until the Order Form has been returned to us, in a form approved by us and confirmed by the Customer by way of payment receipt from our employed payment service, e-mail confirmation with payment details or provision of purchase order number and, in the case of Customers who purchase Services on terms that require pre-payment, Services will not commence until payment is received and cleared.
Prices are guaranteed for the period stated on the Order Form. Prices are confidential and may not be disclosed by the Customer.
An advert will remain live for a the duration of the time requested on the customer’s order form, from a minimum of one month or a shorter time as we agree with the Customer in their desired sector, or a rolling charge until a cancellation notice is received. Any adverts required in addition to this category per month will be charged at a price per advert agreed with the customer at the time of the contract negotiation. If a price of £0.00 (zero) or a free advert has been agreed, this will only be for a set period of time that will be agreed at the time of contract negotiation with the customer, at the end of this period the advert will be removed, unless a new contract negotiation has taken place and been agreed in the same method as any paid advert. If a customer requires an advert deleted and / or changed to a new format this can be done free of charge once every contract year, and will be carried out within one calendar month of the notice from the customer being received by World in Work. Further changes will be carried at a charge of one week’s agreed advert rate. This service is not available to £0.00 (zero) cost or free adverts.
If any Services to be used within any time period specified on the Order Form are not used within that period of time they may not be carried over into any subsequent period or refunded without our prior written consent. The Customer will be responsible for payment for any unused Services.
All prices exclude VAT and this may be applied at the current statutory rate. Payments can be made through World in Work's paypal account.
• The Customer may terminate early in writing the provision of Services under any Order Form with a notice period no less than 30 calendar days commencing on the following business day.
• This will allow the advert to expire at the end of the next contract Month. For example,
• Early termination received on the 25th September will be terminated on the 31st October
• Early termination received on the 3rd September will be terminated on the 31st October
• Or if
• We are in material breach of these terms and conditions and have not remedied such breach within ten days of notice specifying the breach and requiring that it be remedied, or:
• We become insolvent, cease to trade or go into liquidation
• Termination by the Customer before the end of the Contract Term may, at our discretion, result in loss of discounts agreed for the entire Contract Term.
We may terminate the provision of Services if:
• The Customer is in material breach of these terms and conditions and has not remedied such breach within ten days of notice specifying the breach and requiring that it be remedied, or:
• The Customer becomes insolvent, ceases to trade or goes into liquidation.
Job Board advertising
Advertisements go live after payment confirmation (PC) on www.worldinwork.co.uk during the following times based on 24 hour clock Greenwich Mean Time;
Weekends & Bank Holidays
You will be notified by email when your job adverts have gone live on and your period of advertisement will be confirmed on this email.
We have rules regarding the content and format of advertising posted on www.worldinwork.co.uk. Their purpose is to ensure that users who search the site or the worldinwork.co.uk database get results which are presented as clearly and informatively as possible. You agree that we may, at our discretion and without liability to you, remove from worldinwork.co.uk any advertisement which is posted in breach of these rules. The rules may change from time to time and you are advised to refer to them regularly.
The Rules are:
• You must be the person entitled to use the company logo you are promoting.
• Your advertisements placed on www.worldinwork.co.uk must be to promote your companies recruitment web page to promote jobs, vacancies, careers or recruitment process for your organisation only, and not for other products or services, either relating to or unrelated to recruitment including, but not limited to, affiliate schemes, pyramid selling schemes or any other so called 'business opportunity'.
• URLs (live or text only) are not permitted in the body copy of the text on the advert description page. These should be submitted in the correct field on the application to advertise with worldinwork.co.uk
• Email links inviting World in Work users to send their CV's or World in Work Profiles may be displayed, if your company does not have a job board or Careers Page.
Advertisements which appear to discriminate on grounds of sex, race or disability are illegal and may result in proceedings being taken against both the advertiser and the publisher. It is your organisations responsibility to ensure that the relevant authorisation is obtained or relevant authority is notified as World in Work accepts no legal responsibility or liability for the content of any information provided by your organisation and it's representatives. Advertisements are accepted by www.worldinwork.co.uk on the basis that the advertiser confirms that any requirement or qualification which may appear to discriminate illegally is in compliance with any exemption available under the relevant legislation. Notwithstanding this confirmation, if World in Work nonetheless believe that an advertisement may be discriminatory we may at our discretion either amend the advertisement or remove it from www.worldinwork.co.uk without liability to you to make any refund of amounts paid or due to be paid in respect of the posting or otherwise and will inform you accordingly.
Responses to advertisements
You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals who may respond to an advertisement you have posted and not do anything which may bring www.worldinwork.co.uk into disrepute. You will indemnify us from and against any claim brought by an individual against www.worldinwork.co.uk arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions. World in Work accepts no responsibility or liability for how prospective employees are recruited and registered. You are deemed to be aware and accept our Terms and Conditions.
We do not guarantee any response to your advertisement or that responses will be from individuals suitable for the job advertised. It is your responsibility to carry out such checks and procedures as are necessary to ensure that candidates are suitable for the job advertised and have the required qualifications and personal characteristics.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the appropriate equipment and are connected to the appropriate services to enable you to post advertisements to www.worldinwork.co.uk.
Content and links
Your url must be relevant to recruitment within your organisation. Any other links not relevant to recruitment as per our Site Rules will be removed and any payment forfeited. It is the registered users responsibility to ensure their links to their organisations recruitment pages are current and operational. We accept no liability or responsibility for any non operational links.
www.worldinwork.co.uk supports the current and most recent previous versions of all popular browsers. If your browser is not supported, you may still be able to access our site, but you may encounter some display problems.
Use of candidate database
Rights in the database
Database rights and all other applicable copyright and intellectual property rights in the candidate database belong to World in Work Ltd. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any rights in the database or its content and that your retention and use of the database and its content is governed by these terms and conditions.
Use of the World in Work Job Board
You may promote World in Work through your organisation. A link to www.worldinwork.co.uk can be displayed by your organisation on your organisations website. The World in Work logo may not be altered.
Dealings with candidates
You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals you contact using information from www.worldinwork.co.uk and not do anything which may bring www.worldinwork.co.uk into disrepute. You will indemnify www.worldinwork.co.uk from and against any claim brought by an individual against www.worldinwork.co.uk arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions.
Passwords are for the sole use of the registered user. Passwords must be kept confidential and secure.
Customer supplied content
• These terms and conditions apply to all advertising campaigns ('Campaigns') and other material accepted by World in Work Ltd for display on any of our web sites. By placing any such material you accept these terms and conditions as principal, even if you are acting as agent or buyer for the third party advertiser.
• We must receive the complete creative content for a Campaign in acceptable format in line with our specified timescales. Otherwise, we may not be able to achieve the specified go-live date but you must pay the full amount set out in the order irrespective of whether any delivery target for impressions have been met.
• To cancel or alter an order for a Campaign you must inform us, by email at the address provided on the order, at least two working days before 9 am on the go-live date specified in your order. Otherwise you must pay the full amount set out in the order, irrespective of whether any delivery targets for impressions have been met.
• You are responsible for the content of material supplied by you and for ensuring that you have the right to supply it to us and that it complies with all relevant legislation and codes of practice. If we receive complaints about any material or its content we may, at our discretion, remove the material from display without reference or liability to you. You will indemnify us against any claim that the material infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of others or is defamatory or otherwise offensive.
• It is your responsibility to ensure the advertisements you place on www.worldinwork.co.uk comply with all relevant and applicable legislation.
• You are also responsible for fulfilling and dealing with any enquiries relating to the services to which a Campaign relates and you will indemnify and hold us harmless accordingly.